How do I Create Assignments?
Create the Assignment
Instructors can use Assignments to create and track graded and ungraded assignments, including online and offline submission, no submission, discussions, and quizzes.
1. Click on "Assignments" from the course navigation.
2. Click "+Assignment" at the top right corner.
3. Name your assignment.
4. Enter a description or assignment details in the rich content editor.
5. If you would like to attach files, you can select the file from the content selector panel.
Below the rich content editor are assignment settings that can selected to fit your assignment.
6. Points - Set the number of points the assignment is worth. If ungraded, enter "0".
7. Assignment Group - Select an assignment group if any have been created.
8. Display Grade As - Select the type of grade that shows up in the gradebook and on the students' view.
- Letter Grade - Uses the grading scheme
- GPA Scale - Uses the grading scheme
- Not Graded - If the assignment has no submission AND is ungraded
- "Do not count this assignment towards the final grade" - If the assignment has a submission BUT is ungraded
9. Submission Type and Plagiarism Review - Set the submission type. If a online file is selected, you can also use the plagiarism review tool Turnitin.
- No Submission
- On Paper
- Text Entry
- Website URL
- Media Recording
- File Uploads
- External Tool
10. Group Assignment - Select to designate the assignment as a group assignment.
11. Peer Reviews - Select to have students review their peers' work provide feedback.
12. Assign - Select who and when will see the assignment, as well set the due date.
13. Click "Save & Publish" or just "Save".
For more help, please contact email@example.com.