Duplicating an Assignment
Canvas allows you the to duplicate an assignment. This may be useful for quickly creating assignments with the same settings such as weekly assignments.
1. Click on "Assignments" from the course navigation.
2. Click on the three dot icon next to the assignment you want to duplicate.
3. Select "Duplicate".
4. The assignment will now be duplicated with the word "Copy" added to the end of the assignment name. You can edit the assignment to change the name. Duplicating an assignment defaults the copied assignment to an unpublished status.
Note: All items in the assignment are duplicated including the name, description, point value, and options, except for the following situations:
- Copied peer review assignments retain the peer review setting and Assign Review date, but the number of reviews per user will be set to zero.
- Copied assignments are always assigned to everyone in the course; differentiated assignments are not retained for individual users, groups, or sections.
- If a differentiated assignment includes an Everyone Else date, the copied assignment retains the Everyone Else due date, if any.
- If a differentiated assignment does not include an Everyone Else date, the copied assignment does not include a due date.
- Copied external tool (LTI) assignments may need to be reconfigured.
- Assignments currently cannot be duplicated for discussions and quizzes.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.