Using the Rich Content Editor
The Rich Content Editor is available for posting content. It is supported by the following Canvas features: Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, and Syllabus.
1. The title text entry is used to give your Canvas item a title or subject line.
2. The formatting toolbar allows you to add, embed, and format content. Types of items you can embed include, tables, record audio, insert links, embed content from Media Library, and much more.
3. The text entry area is where you can enter the description or details of the item you are creating. Using the formatting toolbar as described above will affect the format of the text in this box. Embedded content will be placed in this area of the rich content editor. It is important to place your cursor in the editor where you want the link to your items to appear.
4. The Content Selector Panel allows you to embed course Pages, Assignments, Announcements, Discussions, Modules, and tabs from the Course Navigation into the Rich Content Editor. You can also select files within the Files tab of the course, or Images.
Note: if the Content Selector Panel is not to the right of your screen, scroll to the bottom of the page to view it, maximize your screen, or decrease the text size of your browser.
Accessibility Checker in the Rich Content Editor
The Rich Content Editor Accessibility Checker assists instructors and course designers to maintain accessibility requirements in Canvas content. This tool only verifies content created within the Rich Content Editor.
1. Click on the "Accessibility Checker" icon
2. A right hand tray will appear and notify you of potential accessibility errors.
3. The "Accessibility Checker" provides the fields or menus needed to fix the error.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.