Non-Yale (Non-NetID) Participant
These instructions are for users whom are not official Yale faculty/staff/students and do not have Yale NetIDs.
Getting an account
If you are a non-Yale, non-NetID user, your account will need to be requested by an instructor or admin. For more information about how accounts are requested, visit this help article on Requesting Non-Yale, Non-NetID Accounts.
What is my password?
There are 2 ways you can receive your initial password:
- A generic password was set on your behalf - you should have received an email from your instructor or an administrator informing you of your password.
- An email was sent to you requesting that you complete the registration process and to set your own password.
I forgot my password - How can I reset my password?
Guest account users are responsible for managing their passwords using the instructions below. The Canvas support team does not reset or change passwords on behalf of any Canvas user.
- Go to the main login screen at http://canvas.yale.edu
- Click the "Guest" login option.
- On the login page, click the "Forgot Password?" link (shown above).
- On the next screen enter your login ID (in most cases, your login ID will be your email address.
- An email will be sent to your designated email address asking you to set a new password.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, follow the instructions on How do I change my login password?
How do I access my courses?
An instructor or an administrator will need to enroll you in a course to give you access. If you believe that you should have access to a course, but do not see it in your list of courses, please contact your instructor or an administrator.
Accessing courses for the first time
Once added to the course, you will receive an email invitation to the course. Be sure that you click the “Accept” button in that email, or log into Canvas and click the “Accept” button on the Dashboard page .
Note: You will only need to accept the invitation once.
Where do I find my courses?
You can access your course from the "Dashboard' or by clicking on the "Courses" icon (1) in the left-side global navigation bar. If you have a long list of courses, you may need to click the "All Courses" link (2) to view the full list.