Non-Yale (Non-NetID) Participant
These instructions are for users whom are not official Yale faculty/staff/students and do not have Yale NetIDs.
Getting an account
If you are a non-Yale, non-NetID user, your account will need to be requested by an instructor or admin. For more information about how accounts are requested, visit this help article on Requesting Non-Yale, Non-NetID Accounts.
What is my password?
There are 2 ways you can receive your password:
- A generic password was set on your behalf - you should have received an email from your instructor or an administrator informing you of your password.
- An email was sent to you requesting that you complete the registration process and to set your own password.
I forgot my password - How can I reset my password?
- Go to the main login screen at http://canvas.yale.edu
- Click the "Guest" login option.
- On the login page, click the "Forgot Password?" link (shown above).
- On the next screen enter your login ID (in most cases, your login ID will be your email address.
- An email will be sent to your designated email address asking you to set a new password.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, follow the instructions on How do I change my login password?
How do I access my courses?
An instructor or an administrator will need to enroll you in a course to give you access. If you believe that you should have access to a course, but do not see it in your list of courses, please contact your instructor or an administrator.